Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Vendor
4,050 Posts
I have an Unlimited hood..............I too went the route of the price. I was able to fix the problems myself so it worked out for me. It just depends on what you want for a finished product and how easily you yourself can do the work.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
im running a harwood 4" cowl hood and it fit great i put a unlimitied hood on a buddys car and it fit like S*** and it was tweaked the cowl was of center big time so he decided to shoot ( ditch ) that hood and go with a harwood also and like bowtie said " we pulled it out of the box and installed it with no problems"

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wow I must have been lucky. I bought a pin-on fiberglass cowl induction hood from Unlimited approximately 11 years ago and I couldn't be happier. It fit perfect, looked nice, not flimsy at all, minimal bodywork before paint and the price was right!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hood

ifiberglass hood, hows the quality? They are local and i can get a flat pin on hood for 219.00 dollars prtty cheep compared to glasstec or harwood 300 + 160 for shiping 460 ouch?[/QUOTE]

I

bought one for my 64----- piss poor quality not the best fit .
if your not concerned about looks--- olso took 3 weeks to get

·
Registered
65 Posts
Horrable quality. Bought one for my 64, would have cost alot to fix it. It needed to be cut and raised in the middle and it was'nt even wide enough. Very dissapointed. I sent it back.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have had a few Harwood products over the years and never had any trouble. Their American-made product, so that's were something to me I'm sure there's other manufacturers that are good that since what I've been familiar with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have had a few Harwood products over the years and never had any trouble. Their American-made product, so that's were something to me I'm sure there's other manufacturers that are good that since what I've been familiar with.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I spoke with Kevin (Unlimiteds new owner) at Pomona, and he says the stuff they are producing now is far better than the old days. I haven't seen any of it right out of the molds, but several PSCA cars are running his stuff and look good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We have an unlimted cowl on our silver Nova, It fits pretty good and was fairly straight. I've seen and used worse. I like the fact they make a 3-1/2" cowl instead of 4", that 1/2" less really changes the look ..............

We went with all Glasstek for our 64, should be here any day :D

·
Banned
24 Posts
hoods

I have had a couple of Glasstek hoods for Novas. My son has one on his 69 Impala (the largest hood ever) and the quality and fit has alway been very good. Just bougt one for my 62 Nova 2 weeks ago. Robert is a good guy to deal with. When it comes to body parts you will ALWAYS be dissappointed with the cheapest.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I needed a higher hood for my '64 temporarily and didn't want to drop a ton on a hood for this car as I'm building another for race only. Easy solution was to go with Unlimited and work with what I got. I was very pleasantly surprised with what I received for my "money spent and application". I did not have to do much to get a finished product for what I needed.
Yes If I spent more I would have received a different product. I have looked at and seen glass from others and the price tags associated with them. There is some very good products out there but have your wallet ready. For the record, my new car is glasstek. Here is the Unlimited hood.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I spoke with Kevin (Unlimiteds new owner) at Pomona, and he says the stuff they are producing now is far better than the old days. I haven't seen any of it right out of the molds, but several PSCA cars are running his stuff and look good.
Of course he will tell you it's good. He owns it.

I had him make a hood and deck for a 64. Carbon. It was not carbon (although it had a layer of it on top of presumably fiberglass) it was heavy as F... like 20 lbs versus about 5 for ultra carbon. The finish was GARBAGE. It didn't fit. It was completely unusable.

Still have the decklid - it's too bad to even sell to someone with a good conscience. I have photos of the abortion hood here somewhere...

100% garbage!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Still Junk I feel

I sent a request for the bolt on nova fenders, inside and out of the actual one. It's been months and still no pics.

I can only wonder why. I bought a set back in the day and they sucked, no way you could bolt them on to anything yet alone a nova.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
About 7 yrs. ago I bought a 2 in. cowl hood from them, exterior finish and fit was great, underside does not look pretty. About 4 yrs. ago, they were looking for front and rear bumpers from a 4th gen. to make molds. I sent them mine at their cost (both ways) and they gave me a free set. Fit finish, inside and out was amazing!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts