Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about making a run up to Unlimited and check out their products. They are a few miles (70) up the road and according to their website I can tour the factory. For 389 plus tax I can pickup one of their 3 1/2" or 4 3/4" cowl hoods.

Even if they need some smoothing that would still be ok since I'm not going to stuck paying 150 bucks for some frieght charge.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Unlimited Products (www.up22.com) has a reputation for being one of the LOWEST quality fiberglass parts suppliers out there.

Yes, they have pretty good prices...but you really get what you pay for. I'd say if they'll let you in to check the parts out before you buy, then it's worth the trip. You might be suprised, but I doubt it.

If it were me, I'd spend a little more for a better quality hood. When you get right down to the entire cost of building a car, the extra $200 is pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Don't go. Just go to Summit, order a Harwood and have it delivered to your door. Either one you'll have to finish or have finished and believe me it's not worth the couple hundred bucks you'll save.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Duane, I had one of the bolt on's from them for my 71, and it was pretty bad. Poor quality, underside was unfinished, fitment was way off, one back corner was rounded off...In hindsight I should have sent it back, but sold the car shortly after putting it on. Just my opinion. Are you going fiberglass to save wieght?

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Greetings,

I haven't seen an Unlimited hood yet that didn't need a ton of work and was of decent quality. Your experience may be different from mine. I spent a little extra and got a Glasstek bolt-on 6" hood for mine. No additional fiberglass was needed and all I had to do was scuff it and go from there. You definitely get what you pay for.

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts