Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all Just wondering if someone could help me out. I just got my Cragar's Powder coated and now looking for some fresh lug nuts.

My front lug nuts I have solved I have .750 Shank Length.

the back is where i am having trouble as the car has 2.5" studs so i need an open end style, which Cragar does not have.

The thread pitch is 7/16 20

I am trying to avoid cutting the caps off of the closed style Cragar ones like i did previously.

I see that Billet specialty sells what i need but i was not sure of fitment with the Cragars.

your help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
You’ll probably need to go online or to a tire shop and ask for a deep mag wheel style lug nut.. It’s got to be out there..

·
Registered
878 Posts
Try the Lug Nut King in Fontana CA.
909 371-3976.
They have everything (cheap) and ship daily

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
Some Unilug notes...
(1) Cragar Unilug wheels take a special washer with an offset hole, so you'll probably have to use your old ones. I'm guessing you probably know that and have had them powder coated as well. New ones ARE available on the internet... I found a set of 20 on ebay for $16.99 with free shipping.
(2) When buying new lug nuts, you'll also need to know the 'shank' diameter and length of your old lug nuts. You should use a standard 'outside' micrometer to measure the diameter. It will >>>probably<<< be either 0.620" or 0.685".
(3) Almost all axles and brake discs sold for racing use long studs, so 'open-end' chrome lug nuts are readily available from almost any speed shop. You just need the ^above^ measurements as well as the thread pitch and diameter, which you already have. As an example, here's an ad from Summit racing:
https://www.summitracing.com/search/department/wheels-tires/part-type/lug-nuts/brand/gorilla-automotive/lug-nut-thread-size/7-16-20-rh-in?N=lug-nut-thread-size:7-16-20-rh-in&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending

In any case, good luck with completing your wheel project!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts