Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put new underhood insulation on my 67 nova and the front piece above the fan fell out. The flanges did hold it in place..my question, Anyone have any tricks to holding this in place? Double backed tape? Some sort of adheisive?

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
My car has a pin that glues to the hood and you slide the washer over it to hold the insulation in place. I wish I knew what they were called. Looks like a nail and the washer has a small hole, once you slide it on it will not come back off.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
you could use 3M 77 Spray Adhesive or Super Spray Adhesive. wal-mart, k-mart probably target and most auto body stores/shops.
it will hold, you need to put it on w/ a heavy coat or better yet spray the insulation a coat, let it dry and then spray another coat. if you spray surfaces it will act a lot like contact cement. then make sure you get it in the right way/place. you may have some open time but not too much.
best of luck!:yes:

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well ,its just the piece above the fan..I believe the fan is pulling it down.It fell out again and this time it is roughed up a bit. I might try those clips they use on the first gen novas.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
you could use 3M 77 Spray Adhesive or Super Spray Adhesive. wal-mart, k-mart probably target and most auto body stores/shops.
it will hold, you need to put it on w/ a heavy coat or better yet spray the insulation a coat, let it dry and then spray another coat. if you spray surfaces it will act a lot like contact cement. then make sure you get it in the right way/place. you may have some open time but not too much.
best of luck!:yes:

This is what I did on my '63. There is no lip to hold the insulation in place and it has been there for nearly two years without dropping in the slightest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts