Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an under dash unit which I believe is for a 66-67, it's not complete and I would need to find a few things but was wondering if it would be a bad thing to put it in my 65ss. Remember my car isn't stock and I like the four holes anyway. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I picked up an under dash unit which I believe is for a 66-67, it's not complete and I would need to find a few things but was wondering if it would be a bad thing to put it in my 65ss. Remember my car isn't stock and I like the four holes anyway. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Steve
I dont think it will have the correct profile to fit the underside of the dash.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think it will have the correct profile to fit the underside of the dash.
Really that's a bummer. I can't check either because my car is being detailed. Well if it won't fit I can always sale it or trade it.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Getting much better! Thanks for asking,and how da knees?
I'm not a 1st or 2nd gen guy,but why won't it work? Hot rodding is making things different fit ? Sure the first guy to put a ls in one was told that won't worrk or fit. Or you can't put a sbc w/tunnel ram in a 65 rambler. ( I did and don't care:D)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Getting much better! Thanks for asking,and how da knees?
I'm not a 1st or 2nd gen guy,but why won't it work? Hot rodding is making things different fit ? Sure the first guy to put a ls in one was told that won't worrk or fit. Or you can't put a sbc w/tunnel ram in a 65 rambler. ( I did and don't care:D)
Knees are better thanks one more month of pt and I'm back to work oh joy.

I think it won't fit because of the angle of the mounting area but I'll check it out Friday when I get my car back.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm right around the same,gonna go back first of sept I hope?
Car is not back yet? Man that detailing better real nice!
Was soposed to be done today and when I went there he didn't even start but what was I thinking its only been there a week

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
I have done both the under dash and in dash AC units.

The under dash units generate all of their air flow from the center of the car and the one's that I had were a bit on the loud side. Easy to install.

The in dash units distribute the air better. Harder to install.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
You asked so i'll give my .02. You have a very nice car, lot's of modern hot rod touches , attention to detail etc. I think that unit will look like crap in your car and it will make a bunch of noise.
I think you just put in modern BMW seats and a custom dash etc. Now you are going to add a 60's era Rambler air conditioner hanging under the dash between the seats:rolleyes:?
I get the need as I am going through the same thing lately in this weather but that unit is not to my taste but it's not my car.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You asked so i'll give my .02. You have a very nice car, lot's of modern hot rod touches , attention to detail etc. I think that unit will look like crap in your car and it will make a bunch of noise.
I think you just put in modern BMW seats and a custom dash etc. Now you are going to add a 60's era Rambler air conditioner hanging under the dash between the seats:rolleyes:?
I get the need as I am going through the same thing lately in this weather but that unit is not to my taste but it's not my car.
Good luck.
Lol your right I asked for it. The problem I have is all the units have vents that you cut into the dash and I'm not cutting the dash so I thought this may be a good option

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Maybe make a center console to conceal the unit with new style vents on console face side. Extend the controls to the console face, Couple cup holders maybe arm rest. Just a thought.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Scott how's the back.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
I converted my under dash unit to work with a vintage air system....I had taken everything out of the back and cut it way down so i could plum the four a/c heater vent tubes in... it turned out pretty trick and well worth the headace!:yes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts