Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
How 'bout the Super Nova concept introduced to the show circuit in Spring, 1964. The timing was terrible. The Super Nova was totally lost in Mustang mania and disappeared in GM's rush to produce a car (Camaro) to rival the success of the new Ford pony car. There isn't much written about the Super Nova drivetrain, but it's said to have had the 220 HP L77 283 V/8.

Bob
View attachment 410007
that is Super Forgettable. i see why it went largely undetected. however...

-Rusty

·
Registered
578 Posts
One of very few pictures showing the rear of the '64 Super Nova. Recessed back window ala Chevelle.

Bob
View attachment 410013
that tail treatment is Super Cool. undecided on the Chevelle-style rear window.

for me, the fastback with the supercharger is just the meanest bugger there is. looks great, too.

thanks for sharing, Bob. would have never seen that concept were it not for your digging!

-Rusty

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How 'bout the Super Nova concept introduced to the show circuit in Spring, 1964. The timing was terrible. The Super Nova was totally lost in Mustang mania and disappeared in GM's rush to produce a car (Camaro) to rival the success of the new Ford pony car. There isn't much written about the Super Nova drivetrain, but it's said to have had the 220 HP L77 283 V/8.

Bob
View attachment 410007
I read somewhere that the rivieras were based on this car. I can see the similarities, specially the 1966

21 - 26 of 26 Posts