Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tx71nova - 1971 Nova, it's finally done enough to drive!!

Year: 1971

Model: Nova 2 door

Engine: 355, reconditioned rods and crank, holley 600, edelbrock performer intake, GM 193 swirl port heads (with mild porting), comp xe256, crane cams hei conversion, 9.6:1 comp ratio, clevite bearings and KB cast pistons

Body/Exterior: over a years worth of body work done by me. Painted GM spice red metallic. Wet sanded and buffed by me.

Front End: Completely rebuilt by me with 1 1/2" drop springs (didnt do anything)

Transmission: Rebuilt (by me) saginaw 3 speed manual with Hurst mastershift shifter, RAM muscle car clutch

Rear End: Air shocks, 8.5" open 3.08, mono leafs for now

Exhaust: Flowtech headers, hooker exhaust kit, dumps in front diff

Wheels/Tires: Front: 14x6 205/50r14 and Back: 15x7 255/60r15 cragar rims

Interior: Bench seat, re wrapped dash, completely black vinyl interior, new headliner, rear sails and shiftworks tach in dash

Electrical: Less of a mess then it was when i got it, auto meter gauge pack, sylvania silver star headlights, red LEDs in dash

Sound system: Cheap deck, 140 watt front speaker, pair infinity speakers rear

Additional Comments: Still a couple of things left to put on

·
Registered
988 Posts
paint and body work look good did you have your original dash pad recovered and if you did what was done and what type of vinyl was used

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
paint and body work look good did you have your original dash pad recovered and if you did what was done and what type of vinyl was used
i had a co workers dad recover the dash, so i have no idea what type of vinyl was used.

looks great! :yes:
thanks man, its been a long process

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I LOVE THE COLOR, BUT I'D SLAM IT ABOUT 2 IN. IN THE FRONT AND 3 IN THE BACK! :yes:
MAYBE EVEN 3-4 :devil:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I LOVE THE COLOR, BUT I'D SLAM IT ABOUT 2 IN. IN THE FRONT AND 3 IN THE BACK! :yes:
Nice looking car but i would try to lower it some. It really rides high.
yea i know it rides high in the back. there are 1.5" drop spring in the front (i dont think they did anything) and the back is high because of a combination of shackle extensions and 2" shock spacers and air shocks. the front is only a 14" rims so it dosent look right and there is a pretty tall tire in the back too. next year i will end up getting new tires and probably some 15" rims on the front and regular gas shocks in the back with removal of the shock and shackle extension.

·
Premium Member
3,392 Posts
Nice looking car but i would try to lower it some. It really rides high.
^^^^^^^ Don't listen to these two characters.:devil::no::rolleyes::D:D:D
They're from Cali. They don't understand that you and I gotta get'em high ta get through da snow.:eek::devil::devil::yes::D:D:D
Good lookin' unit.:D:yes::D:cool::D

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They're from Cali. They don't understand that you and I gotta get'em high ta get through da snow.:eek::devil::devil::yes::D:D:D
haha she will never see snow:no::no:, but you have to keep the cars high in minnesota with all the crater size pot holes in the road :D:D

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
AHHH YA GOT ME JOE, YOU'RE RIGHT, DON'T LISTEN TO ME!:no:

BUT........................
SLAM IT ANYWAY :devil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts