Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
726 Posts
jeffwall67 said:
going with two tone paint job.silver and something.got any pictures? or suggestions
Silver goes with anything metallic.
-Blue
-Red
-Black
-Charcoal
Keep the lighter (silver) on the bottom and the darker on top and as long as both colors are the same aggregate of metallic you cant go wrong. Use the body line to seperate the two.
-Steve

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Fast4by is correct. The rule of thumb is lighter color on the bottom. We two-toned my 67 back in 1995 when we didn't know any better. Can't post any pictures right now, but check my avatar.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Copper top, silver or champagne on the bottom looks good. I went with black top, champagne bottom. I've seen green & silver that looks good too. There's too many nice colors available now days.

·
Registered
510 Posts
if i was ever going to re paint my nova it would be silver on the bottom and the chevy cobalt blue (like the whole thing is now) on the top. i really like the cobalt blue, gives a nice shine in the sun. i havent seen any novas painted that color but it would look really nice with the chrome trim.

hey bat, i really like that nova with the black on top and the bronze on bottom, their sweet, good combo!

·
Registered
72 Posts
My car is currently pearl white. If I went two-tone, what color should I paint the top....black, blue, copper? Or should I just stick with what I have? I can't decide what color (if any) would look good with the pearl white. Thanks.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i dig it the way it is... but then i've been somewhat partial ta white cars my whole life...

if anything, i'd add a nice set of stripes, either on the hood, or hockey sticks on the side...

but regardless of the style... they'd have ta be either pearly or ghost ;) :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Jason70SS said:
My car is currently pearl white. If I went two-tone, what color should I paint the top....black, blue, copper? Or should I just stick with what I have? I can't decide what color (if any) would look good with the pearl white. Thanks.

the Flyer said:
i dig it the way it is... but then i've been somewhat partial ta white cars my whole life...

if anything, i'd add a nice set of stripes, either on the hood, or hockey sticks on the side...
but regardless of the style... they'd have ta be either pearly or ghost ;) :cool: :cool: :cool: :D
Ditto...that car looks awsome as it is...the stripes would just set it off....Now not sure I agree about the ghost style but thats just my personal preference...Thats a very nice looking car...:cool:

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
the Flyer said:
agreeing but disagreeing ??? my kinda person !!! ;)

keeps 'em guessing !!! :D :D :D
Hey I cant be too agreeable.....it just wouldnt be me:D ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. What color of "pearly" stripes? Has anyone seen pictures of a 3rd gen with hockey style stripes? I just don't want to be accused of being "camaroish".

I guess I could always go with Hugger Orange?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Jason70SS said:

put some black metallic stripes on it. It will look like my chevelle.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Jason70SS said:
Thanks for the comments guys. What color of "pearly" stripes? Has anyone seen pictures of a 3rd gen with hockey style stripes? I just don't want to be accused of being "camaroish".

I guess I could always go with Hugger Orange?

Well I havent seen one with the hockey stick stripes on it...I "THINK" it would look good...its not like novas came with the bandaid hood stripes from the factory BUT when they are done right they look great and I dont think the owner is trying to be "Camaroish, Chevellish, or Cutlassish". I just think its a nice looking car...:)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts