Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...thanks to a freak rainstorm, 40 mph wind gusts, and a rouge tree branch, I am now the proud new owner of a fist size dent ,complete with custom paint removal, in the front driver side fender of my 1971 Chevy Nova.:mad:

Fearing the paint might be hard to match being 5-6 years old and red in color ( at least that's the story Im going to tell my girlfriend ) I am thinking about maybe a two tone black/red scheme....

can anyone with a 3rd gen that has a two tone scheme please post a few pics of their finished product...I appreciate it...

I postd a pic of the current pic (pre-dent) so you can get an idea of what Im looking like now... thanks guys!

[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,040 Posts
My 68 has a piece of chrome that seperates the two colors. Funny I was thinking about pulling the chrome off and painting my top body color so I could put on some strips like you have now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know this is not a 3rd gen Nova but this 66 Nova was next to mine at the Hotrod Nationals in Springfield IL. He was the grand Champion awesome car!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
For as long as I can remember I've tossed the two tone idea around in my head but was never able to embrace it. Something about the 3rd gen, it just never seems to be able to pull it off. I feel the same about racing stripes. Probably why they never did it from the factory. I am still hopeful though, waiting to see that car that says "I did it, I pulled off the two tone", but haven't seen it yet. Only my opinion, to each his own. :D Sreavis007's car is the closest I've been to being convinced. Probably because it highlights the quarter body line that is unique to the 73-74. Nice car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts