Chevy Nova Forum banner

Two Interior Questions: (Help)

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Ray_McAvoy 
#1 ·
1)
On the rear panel behind the rear bench seat, there are two hooks; that almost look as if they are for a baby seat (see picture). Are these original? Or should I just replace that back card bored panel?

2)
On the 72, I have the 3 piece seat belt option. In terms of the seat belt storage, should it be these plastic pieces (see pictures)

or should I have hooks like these (see picture).

The car is a 1972 SS Nova, all original and I would like to keep it that way. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Dave

See less See more
#4 ·
Curious...how are the plastic seat belt covers attached? If you go back w/clips, will you have "extra" holes in your headliner or will they attach through existing cover holes? (Ya' may want to back up and re-group) :(

#8 ·
I've got some pics in the pic links below, but the belt clips look like the ones you've pictured. My Nova stays garaged at my shop / business and it'll be tomorrow (or NLT Monday A.M.) if you need that that specific clip pic.

I'll PM you my e-mail address if you'd like to use that as well.

Max

#9 ·
Hello Max,

Thank for your help. I really appreciate it. I looked at your picture link. Looks like you have a Real Nice Nova! Please PM me your e-mail as I think that would be the easy method to communicate. Take your time on the seat belt clip picture. I don't think I will get around to doing it this weekend, but when I do I would like that picture as my reference.

Thanks again,
-Dave

#10 · (Edited)
Interesting seat belt covers, Dave. I've never seen them. I don't know if anyone else had a problem making out the photo of the seat belt covers, but it appeared real dark to me, so I took the liberty of re-posting the photo with more clarity. Hope you don't mind. Were they aftermarket or an original option? Max, you're car needs a pair, don't they?:D

#13 ·
Hello:

I do not have a picture to share because my car is at the bodyshop, but my '72 also came with those plastic seatbelt covers. They were even color coded to match my covert/sandalwood interior.

So, perhaps they were some type of option that could be ordered for the interior.

#14 ·
Thanks for re-posting the picture. I should have done a better job the first time. Being new to the Nova field, let me ask a question. I have the 3 piece seat belt option. Could it be that for Novas with the 3 piece seat belt system they have the plastic covers, but Novas with the regular seat belt system have the chrome clips?

Thanks,
-Dave

#16 · (Edited)
I got 8 belt sections for the front folks (2 are shoulder) and six more in the back, custon interior, AND clips. The covers COULD have been a late model year add, an option, or a single assembly plant peculiarity as well.

Interesting! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.