Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Has anybody used or are familiar with the twin turbo kits for sale on ebay? They run from $900 to $1800 and are supposed to fit a SB chevy. I know that at that price they are possibly crap, made in china. But sometimes there is an ebay item that is dirt cheap that a little tinkering and tweeking can make into a viable option.

Most kits I am looking at elsewhere are in the $4 - $5 thousand range just for starters and there are always other purchases needed to finish the job.

If anyone has any input I would like to hear it.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
After spending some serious time recently researching turbos, it seems most agree, you get what you pay for when it comes to turbos. Cheaper over seas units seem to be hit and miss.

·
Registered
982 Posts
if you arent very adept at fabrication, get a good, well designed kit, it will be expensive, but you dont want to have to do testing for free for a company trying to fit it into your car

·
Registered
531 Posts
My input on this is simple. Many many parts sold on ebay are hit and or miss. Here are the problems:
1) fitment:
You may have to do minor modifications to accomodate engine bay.
2) use:
Some of this parts are not design to take the abuse of track. In other words they do justice for driver but not racing at that level.
3) budget:
Lets face it. Money will allways talk. If your money is short but yet you want to have a nice piece of conversation then ebay is the solution. However ebay still sell high end parts but there comes the money factor again.

China and japan make some of the best products in the world however it comes down to how much research you do on that seller and or manufacturer. I have being following this twin turbokits for a while and yet not being able to get feedback from a person using them. Hum?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts