Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running an OD tranny with a throttle rod linkage? I’m probably overthinking this but would like to know what bracket is recommended. Is there any difference in running a throttle cable vs. a throttle rod with the TV cable?

If there are any pics it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Art

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes. I know they have the TV made EZ but I was more curious about running that set up with a throttle rod linkage. Everything online I saw only displays a throttle cable linkage setup with the TV cable

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm running their set up on my 63 on a 283 with an edelbrock 1403 and the factory Nova V8 throttle linkage. Id take a picture but I have the intake off right now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm running the rod and a lokar tv cable on my 66 with a 2004r .I'm not sure what the bracket is, it was on the car when I bought it. It fits the sniper just like it did on the old 4160 Holley that it came with.
I can get a better pic later tonight after I get home from work.

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pics Red and Aaron....that’s precisely what I was looking for. Pictures do say 1000 words. Red, your set up is what had me thinking about the rod linkage and it looks like your brackets are by TCI. I can maybe just grind that piece off to clear the rod.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
glad i could some what help you. the car had a 283 originaly so it still the same pedal an linkage, i think.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is anyone running an OD tranny with a throttle rod linkage? I’m probably overthinking this but would like to know what bracket is recommended. Is there any difference in running a throttle cable vs. a throttle rod with the TV cable?

If there are any pics it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Art
I have a 700R4 in my 67 nova i use the cable no problems if I go to my storage will take a picture

1 - 10 of 10 Posts