Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does a holley street avenger carb. require a kickdown
bracket (throttle valve corrector plate )
bolted to the carb to make a 700r4 shift properly?
if im not down shifting when i kick the trottle down for passing gear do i adjust the detent cable back towards the firewall ( more tv pressure)?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
theracer,
Did you buy the carb new? The "Installation, Tuning, and Adjustment Manual" that came with my 670 Street Avenger seems to cover 570 to 870's. It specifies that a transmission kickdown cable bracket (Holley P/N 20-95) and stud (Holley P/N 20-2, 20-38, or 20-40) are required or severe transmission damage will result.

I originally bought the specified Holley bracket and could not adjust the cable properly to get the transmission to shift well. I ended up keeping the original setup that I had which were the following parts;
Lokar KDP-2700HT TV cable
Lokar SRK-4000 throttle/TV cable bracket

To setup the TV cable I just wired the throttle at WOT, then pulled full as much as I could on the TV cable and then tightened it.

Although I have only driven it a few hundred miles since the 700R4 was installed it hasn't blown up on me yet. It still seems to be shifting as it did when originally installed.

There are a few people on this site who have mentioned installing the TV Made EZ setup by Bowtie Overdrives and say it is an easy install and is a good product. Take a look at what they have to offer.

If you want I can send you a picture of the bracket setup that I have. Just email me at;
[email protected]

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts