Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned this 67 Nova for over a year. I have been driving it regularly and even completed the long haul version of the 2018 Power Tour. Last week my turn signals stopped working. The emergency flasher still work. Any suggestions?

·
6,517 Posts
Below is the stock wiring for the turn signals (if it's an aftermarket harness in the car then you will have to find your own info for that):

I would be checking for power getting to the turn signal flasher (which is a different flasher than the emergency flasher) and then working your way out from there.

If you have voltage getting to the flasher with the turn signals off, check to make sure the power stays when the turn signal lever is moved to the right and then left position. Sometimes you can get a false impression that things are right without the lights being activated and this is why you need to test when the turn signals are actually activated. Sometimes this happens with corrosion on connections like at the fuse clips on an original fuse block.

Also make sure things are plugged in fully and connected solidly.

Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does any body know where the turn signal flashers are located? I noticed on another post on later models that it is behind the radio. Mine has the "Vintage Ac" aftermarket AC in that area blocking my access.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts