Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 66 i have what i think is a 72 SS steering wheel, with no horn working from the wheel. i do have two new horns mounted an working on a push button switch under the dash. i'm going to pull this wheel an install an original 66 wheel an horn ring. the old horn wire is still by the new horns an going to the horn relay. at this point i hope it is still complete thru the fire wall an to the connector at the steering column. at this point i'm lost as to how the 12v. gets to the base of the cancel cam for the horn blow contact. i have the wiring chart from classic car wiring.com but it stops at the connector at the column base. i also have the factory assembly manual, which isn't the clearest of pictures. so if anyone can give any info or pictures or tips it would sure help.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The power comes up through the column as part of the signal cancellation assembly and as a numb that transfers current the cancelation cam. There is a brass ring on the backside to make contact, the power is then sent to the tube section of the cam where a spring resides to allow a contact wire from the steering wheel horn buttons.

Hopefully that offers some understanding, I don't have any pictures in my manuals to offer more assistance.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
taz...thanks. you wrote
The power comes up through the column as part of the signal cancellation assembly and as a numb that transfers current the cancelation cam.
should this say ? has a nub that transfers current. thats the piece i hope is still there. i just really want the horns to work when all is assembled.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
those assembly manuals leave a lot to the imagination for sure. an i think ive read every post about 66 wheel an horn assemblys that have been posted for the last 10 years.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
taz...thanks. you wrote
The power comes up through the column as part of the signal cancellation assembly and as a numb that transfers current the cancelation cam.
should this say ? has a nub that transfers current. thats the piece i hope is still there. i just really want the horns to work when all is assembled.
Yes sorry about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts