Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm counting down the days until I get to make my first trip to The Daytona Beach Turkey Run.I've got my room reservations,preregistration form back and reserved parking pass.Now it's up to my Nova to get me there.I'll be parked in the area where the drivers motor coachs usually park.We are starting a "Thrash" on my buddys 69 Camaro droptop so he can make the Run also.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well I do live down here and I'd love to meet another SNS member :). I'm off hopefully the whole weekend if you'd like to meet up one night. Bel Air on A1A beachside in Daytona is the Classic Car night life for that week! And you are obviously going to visit the track, which BTW Saturdays the busiest day, my fiancé and I will be up there. I'll PM you my number just hit me up if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
287 Posts
I wouldn't miss that one for anything!!! I hope your hotel is on the beach somewhere between the Publix and International Speedway! I wish my car could be there... hopefully next year!

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't miss that one for anything!!! I hope your hotel is on the beach somewhere between the Publix and International Speedway! I wish my car could be there... hopefully next year!

Im staying at the Wyndham 300 Atlantic Blvd in Daytona.Is that close to the Publix that you refered to?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Im staying at the Wyndham 300 Atlantic Blvd in Daytona.Is that close to the Publix that you refered to?
That should be a good spot! Not near the Publix, but right on the strip where everyone cruises. Be sure to bring a lawn chair!!! Be sure you find the Publix and the hotel parking garage across the street from it. :eek: :D :cool:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I wouldn't mind meeting up with some of yall. I just hope I don't have to work the show this year. Working a car show that you enjoy going to is no fun!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Turkey Rod Run - I'm going

Taking my red 73 SS Hatchback (black half-vinyl roof). Be there on Saturday thru Monday. She's not perfect but she looks good trying. Not showing or anything like that, just driving her down to see all the other ones.

Would love to meet for dinner to link-up with some of you that will be there as well. Whoever gets a list going you can add my name (+1) to it. Just let me know when and where. Hey Tuckin20s I'll be staying at the Wyndham Ocean Walk too. What day are you getting there? Would like to swap some stories and see your ride.

I have only been once so I am kinda lost as to what the best events are to attend. I love the swap meet. That is where I got my rally wheels and center caps. Any suggestions?

Dave

·
Registered
852 Posts
The main attraction is most def during the day at the speedway for the swap meet, show cars, and car corral. If you plan on doing a lot of walking invest in the weekend pass it saves you on a 3 day price. As night goes def the Bel Air Plaza with the Publix in it. It'll be 10+ rows of cars all just hanging out and shooting the breeze. As food goes there's a Ruby Tuesdays right smack dab in the middle of the parking lot which is always slammed. There's an Olive Garden just north down the road. A 2 story building with a roof deck called Dimitri's great Greek food and awesome view of the beach. There's an English Pub called Black Sheep, they have bangers n mash, shepards pie, cold tasty beverages :) There's so much around there. I'll throw my digits out there, anyone who's in town and wants to meet up then just shoot me a text or gimme a ring, 1(386)295-9273. The fiancé and I will def be out and around and love to meet up.

-Matt

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
39 Posts
Turkey Rod Run - I'm going

Taking my red 73 SS Hatchback (black half-vinyl roof). Be there on Saturday thru Monday. She's not perfect but she looks good trying. Not showing or anything like that, just driving her down to see all the other ones.

Would love to meet for dinner to link-up with some of you that will be there as well. Whoever gets a list going you can add my name (+1) to it. Just let me know when and where. Hey Tuckin20s I'll be staying at the Wyndham Ocean Walk too. What day are you getting there? Would like to swap some stories and see your ride.

I have only been once so I am kinda lost as to what the best events are to attend. I love the swap meet. That is where I got my rally wheels and center caps. Any suggestions?

Dave
My cell number is 706-566-4615

All that want to, lets do dinner Saturday night around 7pm. Black Sheep's looks wide open and very accommodating. They don't do reservations but I got an email back from them and they said they would be able to accommodate us. I count 6 so far.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I should be there from Tuesday til Sunday.The guys that are going with me usually hang out in the lot that you are talking about where the Publix is.I'm looking foward to the drive down and getting to see all of the car stuff that goes on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Turkey Rod Run SNS Dinner gathering

All those coming that want to do dinner Saturday night at Black Sheep on Atlantic Blvd together email me and I will post the numbers here. It would be great to put a face to some of the outstanding advice we get here on this forum.

My email is [email protected]

So far we have 5 confirmed, Romad.Dave +1, ShinySide +1, onebadtwo +?,

1 - 20 of 50 Posts