Chevy Nova Forum banner

41 - 60 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Much nicer then the uppipe I built. But she ran like mad till the turbo bearings failed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey blue....why so much for the mani? will you go for 275? i dont have a fatty wallet!! and i looked on e bay and i found one for $400. i am trying to do this right but go the inexpensive route. thanks

·
Registered
675 Posts
Equal length runners I'm assuming? I was visualizing this exact location for a turbo on mine the other day.

What kind of power are you expecting?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
turbo manifold

hey blue....why so much for the mani? will you go for 275? i dont have a fatty wallet!! and i looked on e bay and i found one for $400. i am trying to do this right but go the inexpensive route. thanks

Well i could go to $300 if you want it, if you have the room for it this is the best hands down method to strap a turbo to your six.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Equal length runners I'm assuming? I was visualizing this exact location for a turbo on mine the other day.

What kind of power are you expecting?

Well not exactly equal length runners, they might be close, its hard to mount the turbo in that spot and have equal length. Hopefully i will have hp in the low 400 range but that may be a long shot. I guess we will see.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
CryO2 intercooler sprayer

well,

Hers another update i just purchased the D.E.I Cryogenic Intercooler sprayer system today. Im not sure how well it works but i figure its worth a shot. It come with a couple of methods to spray, wither push a button or use the wide open throttle switch.

http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sp&pid=72

·
Registered
675 Posts
That's a whole lot of spray. The 3-4 seconds should make a nice little ice shield on the IC, if you did that and WOT you would probably make 2 runs on a bottle!

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
thats pretty nice(to say the least) can you tell me where you got the turbo and where i can find an exhaust mani to fit a turbo, or do i have to modify one? and what was the name of the book everyone is talking about, id like to pick one up if i can. thanks
PM sent just let me know what you want to do

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
engine updates

sorry i have not updated in a while i have been over seas alot.

In terms of the engine, i am still working on aquiring parts, the head quote is being worked out right now

some of the parts include....titanium retainers, tool steel springs, inchonel exhaust valves, custom aluminum stud girlde.

the engine work has not been doen yet

in terms of the car i peaced back together the susspension with my new church boys rack and pinion, i am still waiting on a few exchanges to get the right steering knuckles, mainly waiting on me cause i have not had time to send it off.

Other than that it is coming together slowly and i will post any new pictures or updates

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Some engine updates

Here are a few pictures of my new stud girdle i got for the six, no updates yet other than that i have been collection misc parts and workin on the car itself. I got the church boys front end installed and have been reworking some disc break issues. I have started to build a custom aluminum fuel cell that will fit into the factory postion. Ill post more pictures soon.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Birds of as Feather...

I am a fan and a friend of Mike (MrHotRod6) down in Florida and of Larry of Twisted6 Racing as well. Just working between those two would give most anyone a "one up" on the Chevy Inline 6 World. Larry has some tested knowledge on porting these Chevy sixes that no one else can match, well short of Sissels and Santucci.

Reading Leo's book is a must. Repeat...a must. I have two copies.

Dont stop on this build, see it through for all of us.

I am gathering the parts to build a second 250 for my 65 Hardtop anticipating a Turbo application. So I appreciate you sharing the research here. I have read about more than 15 different Turbo Six Build Ups and a handful for for First gen Nova's which are challenge for room in some respect.

I am sure that Once its all together your car will be a very special car indeed.

Keep the Faith Brother!:D

James

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Inline six head

Still plugging away with some parts here, put the deposit on the head today, the description is as follows....

Custom Stage 4 Turbo Roller Cam head

STAGE FOUR Hot Street Econo; Lump Port Street Head, All included in Stage one, two, and three; with the addition of a performance valve job. and PC seals. 12 High Performance intake and exhaust valves 6 stianless intake and 6 Special alloy Inconel exhaust Valves . Special roller cam springs, Titanium Retainers, ARP special length screw in studs. I will post some pictures when it comes

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
still trucking

I am a fan and a friend of Mike (MrHotRod6) down in Florida and of Larry of Twisted6 Racing as well. Just working between those two would give most anyone a "one up" on the Chevy Inline 6 World. Larry has some tested knowledge on porting these Chevy sixes that no one else can match, well short of Sissels and Santucci.

Reading Leo's book is a must. Repeat...a must. I have two copies.

Dont stop on this build, see it through for all of us.

I am gathering the parts to build a second 250 for my 65 Hardtop anticipating a Turbo application. So I appreciate you sharing the research here. I have read about more than 15 different Turbo Six Build Ups and a handful for for First gen Nova's which are challenge for room in some respect.

I am sure that Once its all together your car will be a very special car indeed.

Keep the Faith Brother!:D

James
I am still working away with it now just getting a few big ticket items now that dent the pocket..anyway ill keep you posted with new pictures of the head when i get it.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Build sheet

Updated the head section on my build sheet figured i would post it.

Chevy Inline Six Build Up-TURBO

Engine: 250 I6 Chevy o Ringed
Block Details:
Bore: .060 over
Bore: 3.935
Stroke: 3.530
Compression: 8.5:1
CID: 258
Camshaft: Crower
Cam # E-68061

Duration- Intake: 286 degrees Lift: .679 Clearance: .026
Exhaust: 280 degrees Lift: .655 Clearance: .028
Lobe Separation: 114 degrees
[email protected] .50 IN: 254 degrees Lobe Lift: IN: .388
EXH: 247 degrees EXH: .374
Water pump- GMB North America
GMB-130-101P
Thermostat: EMP-300-160 degrees by STEWART
Housing: CSR Aluminum
Head: 73cc Mrhotrod6 Intake lump Ported Roller Cam prepped Stage 4 Plus head.
ARP 7/16 screw in studs
Mrhotrod6 Custom Super Duty H Beam 7/16 Stud Girdle
Valves: Max upgrade just below Titanium, Pro Series Extreme Duty Race Intake Valves 1.940
-Special Alloy Inconel Exhaust valves 1.600 Plus .100
Rockers: Crower Enduro Roller 1.75 ratio -7/16”
Springs: Roller Cam Valve springs Chrome Silicone Vanadium
Retainers: Titanium- with the head
Lifters: Comp Cams roller lifters
PushRods: ?
Lifter covers: PES Aluminum covers
Head Gasket: SCE Pro Copper gasket with o rings
Connecting Rods: SCAT- SCA-66000206a 4340 h beam 12 point cap 6.000” in length
Pistons: Ross? CP? Je?
Crankshaft: Stock
Oil Pump: M-62HV High Volume melling