Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 40 of 356 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey Blue, can put up some links up, i wanna see what ur reading. are sissel & clifford the I6 gurus????

JOHN
well here are a few im sure you have heard of them before

http://www.sissellsautomotive.com/

http://t6racing.org/

www.goravenswood.com

Talk with a man name mike there he knows everything possible to know about a six...he is also mrhotrod6 on ebay if you have seen his parts...

Also you need to own a copy of

http://www.themotorbookstore.com/chevy6cyl.html

It will mtell you what you need to know and alot of good contacts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I looked into this a year or two ago. I found a site where a guy had taken a 292 block and filled all the holes the deck, then drilled new water passages and head bolt holes. He then cut one cylinder off of a pair of brodix heads. He welded the two cut heads together. The bore spacing ended up just right. Very wild little motor. I'll see if I can find the site.

·
Registered
932 Posts
WOW real nice!!!..............can't wait to see what kinda power u get outa it.
l run about 6psi stock 250 Garret T-65 somuch fun only thing l had to change was a ignition govener heehhe loved revving past 6500

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hey,

oh heck when my waste gate got dissconnected...........thanks to a friend playing a sick joke mine boosted to about 18 for only a few mints yeah l have some blowby but only slight l wouldn't worry about 16psi on yours pistons/rings you have should handle it just fine l'm fairly sure blocks are good for 25psi anyways only really worry about blowing out a headgaskit hehehee done that

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Turbo L6

Blue Nova 667

You have been doing a great job and this is following my dream to build my own 250 into a Turbo Monster!

I have a 65 Nova Coupe so I will also have to fab around the shock towers. I plan to build an additional 250 motor on the side so I can drive my Nova with the current 250 for now.

Sixes are so cool. Cant wait to read your accomplishments.

You are talking to the right people about performance 250's too.:cool:

James

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Looks awesome man! I am glad to finally see somebody do something totally off the wall :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just read Santucci's book, and am sold on the turbo idea. It will be a while, but I'm glad I found this thread. I would love to make 250 HP or so on the stock motor with a turbo setup and some other bolt-ons. I tried to find out more about Innovative's turbo manifold, but they seem to have gone out of business? I wish I could get my hands on one, as I think I might actually have the room for it in my 74. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Their not out of business But that mainifold will not work in a 62-67 chevyII body. No room due to the shock tower.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
manifold

I just read Santucci's book, and am sold on the turbo idea. It will be a while, but I'm glad I found this thread. I would love to make 250 HP or so on the stock motor with a turbo setup and some other bolt-ons. I tried to find out more about Innovative's turbo manifold, but they seem to have gone out of business? I wish I could get my hands on one, as I think I might actually have the room for it in my 74. Any ideas?
well i just happen to have one, it wont work with my car so i am building my own manifold. I will sell you mine if you would like it, i bought it for about 450 or so ill sell it for 350 becuase of a little surface rust from sitting around. let me know....

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
well i just happen to have one, it wont work with my car so i am building my own manifold. I will sell you mine if you would like it, i bought it for about 450 or so ill sell it for 350 becuase of a little surface rust from sitting around. let me know....
Thats a good deal, its amazing anyone makes a good turbo manifold for this motor, thats really cool. I looked and looked for anything for my bbc and never came up with anything. I tried using flipped cast iron manifolds and that didnt work out. I wound up having to modify headers and it worked out ok, but lots of work and messing around with it. I wish I could have spend $350 or $450 and got some premade stuff! Good luck with your setup you will reallllly like it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bad i6

thats pretty nice(to say the least) can you tell me where you got the turbo and where i can find an exhaust mani to fit a turbo, or do i have to modify one? and what was the name of the book everyone is talking about, id like to pick one up if i can. thanks

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Turbo manifold pictures

Here are a few pictures of my turbo manifold i am building.....its not complete yet and im not to sure if it will have good flow characteristics but im giving it a try...im having custom stainless steel exhaust flanges plasma cut right now so the plate it is welded to is only a mock up. Also a picture of my adjustable timing gear.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
parts

well i got both on ebay just search around for them, just search for inline six turbo manifold...or buy mine for 350:yes: . anyhow the book is authored by leo santucci

http://www.themotorbookstore.com/chevy6cyl.html

thats pretty nice(to say the least) can you tell me where you got the turbo and where i can find an exhaust mani to fit a turbo, or do i have to modify one? and what was the name of the book everyone is talking about, id like to pick one up if i can. thanks

21 - 40 of 356 Posts