Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else here is from the Tucson area? I'd like to meet up with some locals, hang out and work on each others cars. I know there's quite a few Nova's around here . . . .

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My in-laws live out in Picture Rocks, not too terribly far from you. I live within the city limits, but I'm out by I-10 and Kolb Rd, in Sycamore Park.

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
Next time you are out that way let me know.

Lots of cruise in gatherings in town. Thursday nights at Freddies on Orange Grove and Thornydale is a nice one. Some nights more than 300 vehicles. I hope to be able to attend this week. If you go look for my white 77 and a short fat bald headed guy :)

There are a few on the east side too.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
yo.... Philip.... you look nothing like your picture.... .... .... I'm just saying.... LOL

jim

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
Yeah Jim that was me when I was younger and better looking :D

Thursday looked like rain so I did not go. Not afraid to drive in the rain but the road to home floods during heavy rains and did not want to sleep in the car.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been sick as a dog all week, so venturing out after work was not in the plans :(

I know what you mean about flooding, we were lucky enough to not be able to make it to my in-laws one time due to a river running across the road. It's not that I wouldn't want to go, but if we had missed the storm and gotten up there, we never would have got back home. :no:

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
The joys of living out of town...way out of town :D
I have property in Picture Rocks that was sold last year but I am carrying the paper on it. In a way I hope they default, I would move back there and build a bigger shop. It is a nice area to live in. Where do your in laws live? My property is on Desert Wren east of Sandario.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
I'm in Tucson on the SW side, near Ajo/Kinney. Should be able to make it to Cops & Rodders show this year. :yes:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The joys of living out of town...way out of town :D
I have property in Picture Rocks that was sold last year but I am carrying the paper on it. In a way I hope they default, I would move back there and build a bigger shop. It is a nice area to live in. Where do your in laws live? My property is on Desert Wren east of Sandario.

I like it out there, very quiet and peaceful. The only issues for me are the dirt roads (hard to keep a car clean with that) and some of the wildlife. My inlaws just lost a Mainecoon last week, we suspect a coyote may have taken him. The park rangers are kind of a PITA for giving out speeding tickets too :rolleyes:

My in-laws live on Pelto Path, right off Picture Rocks road.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in Tucson on the SW side, near Ajo/Kinney. Should be able to make it to Cops & Rodders show this year. :yes:
I like the gun ranges out there, way more relaxed than the one by the fairground. I think I might go out there in a couple of weekends.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
I just met up with a guy who lives on base, he's building a 67 4 door Nova. He came over about a week ago, and bought a front bumper from me. :yes:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi guys I’m back from a 6 year hiatus. I’ve missed working on the Nova but I’ve started again and looking to meet up with those that live out this way

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Hi guys I’m back from a 6 year hiatus. I’ve missed working on the Nova but I’ve started again and looking to meet up with those that live out this way

Tony

Look at the "sticky - at the top of this section.

2nd Phoenix BBQ in Surprise , Nov 10th

come to th' park for a 'meet & greet

jim
Chino Valley, Arizona

1 - 14 of 14 Posts