Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 62 I just bought came with another clip. I know it's newer because it has a 8" mounting space from hole to hole on the hood hinges. I'm going to get it sand blasted and powder coated. Also going to get metal fenders and a new hood that will accommodate the supercharger.
It has stock front end parts on it now. I would really love to update to some tubular parts, but my funds are getting low. Have any of you seen or ever heard of some good, reasonable price front end parts?
I'm putting the clip on because the old one was butchered and had some rust issues. Somebody went wild cutting off the upper and lower areas that's needed to put the hood latch back on.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm also in the market for affordable tubular parts. I tore apart my front end to install lowering springs, poly bushings, and disc brakes in my 73. Now that everything is in pieces I'm debating if I should use the original control arms or upgrade. I found a complete set of upper and lower Control arms for $400 on summit racing. I'm curious if those would be a significant improvement over stock. They come with bushings and ball joints which is worth factoring into the price if you're replacing those parts anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Check out Church Boys Racing. They have the ultimate solution for your needs. Beauty is, you can do it in phases to help with your budget, lowers first, then uppers, then coil overs, then power steering, or in any order you want....

www.churchboysracing.com

Great people and products with excellent customer support. What more could you ask for....

They also have tubular control arms for 3rd gens. Beware of the Chinese knockoffs. I would query Summit to see where they re made...

T,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts