Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant find my rule book,so mabey you guys could help.
On a full tube chassis car,rocker bars are not required...correct?
Brandon

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
"Tube car" indicates non-OEM floors/frame and if that is the case then rocker bars ARE required..

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I should be more specific. This is what I ment. Guess it with the discription....Non OEM floors etc,I need to add those bars.
I was just thinking that they were not required on full frame cars,only unibody.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I can't think of any SFI spec that does not require rocker bars if you cut the floor. RM

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
The outer most bar is considered part of the floor on a 25.2 cert chassis correct?

My 25.1, 25.4, and 25.5 SFI sheets call those bars the #7 bars and refers to them as rocker bars in the material data sheets. RM

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
as said above, they can only be ommitted in the 25.5 spec if it is a full frame car and the stock rockers are intact.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
My 25.1, 25.4, and 25.5 SFI sheets call those bars the #7 bars and refers to them as rocker bars in the material data sheets. RM
i agree with you...father is building a 53 studeabaker to sfi specifications had a big time with the crossmember bar ( the one located under the main hoop ) we had it all wrong its hard trying to build a car over the phone :yes:
he is trying to get it to be certifited for 7.50s

1 - 13 of 13 Posts