Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heck yea...even though it was darn near 100 out yesterday we were able to get a big chunk of the cutting done in preparation for the 4 link chassis going in! We were able to get the car level, did our triple checked measurements...and then went in with the angle grinder and sawzall and had some good times!!!

We didnt cut the old frame out yet....we are gonna do that so we can do that and weld in the new chassis all in one day. Hopefully next weekend we will have that new 4 link in and the subframe connectors welded up. The weekened after that the 8 point cage goes in and finally we fit up the tires to the rear and bolt that in!

Here are some pictures for those of you that gotta see them!

More pics to come...more progress to report next week!

-John

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Awesome man!!! Sure does bring back memories!!!!
so it won't be too long now huh???
Can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!! how long till your motor get here?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Very cool..

I'll be watching the progress..

Good luck with it..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Man you are tough I was out doing yard work saturday and I thought I was going to pass out from the heat.

Looks like a good start

Keep the progress pics coming

Bret

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Nice pics. But you should post these on drivetrain and performance. Check out my mini tub job on there. Dave

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fuzzy5385 said:
Man you are tough I was out doing yard work saturday and I thought I was going to pass out from the heat.

Looks like a good start

Keep the progress pics coming

Bret
You aren't kidding...it was hot...at least we werent using the welder! I was surprised at exactly how much we got done considering the temps!

This weekend...that new clip is going in....

-John (65 Post - you are right about the suspension forum....I was just excited about how far we got on Sat.)

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I haven't posted anything here for a good while,my '66 is in the proverbial back burner,but I come to check out the site from time to time.This build is going to be a nice car,keep updating the thread as you go and post many pictures.I'm planning on doing a back half on another car of mine(BUICK) and it seems that you've got a handle on things.Who's clip are you using,would you buy from them again?Nice to see your project and wish you good luck:beer:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hecticblasts said:
I haven't posted anything here for a good while,my '66 is in the proverbial back burner,but I come to check out the site from time to time.This build is going to be a nice car,keep updating the thread as you go and post many pictures.I'm planning on doing a back half on another car of mine(BUICK) and it seems that you've got a handle on things.Who's clip are you using,would you buy from them again?Nice to see your project and wish you good luck:beer:
Yeah I know what you mean...my project gets going, then stalls...basically I work around my budget...so when I am able to afford parts I buy them...install them and then wait till the next parts purchase before really moving on.

I have been cleaning the floor boards up in preparation of the cage install. I also have been getting little parts done like the grill brackets (had to cut them and clean them up a bit) for my billett grill.

I used the Checkered Racing clip and they are awesome, the service, the shipping, the quality of parts...just awesome! I would definately use them again and will reccommend them to anyone!

-John

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speaking of Updates

Well Santa Clause came early this year!!! I mean the UPS driver was early today!!!

I received my Checkered Racing 9inch housing today! I was so excited I went out to the garage and bolted the 4-link bars to it just to see what it looks like in the car....you be the judge!

-John (getting closer and closer to getting it done!)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kceb10 said:
looking good, but i dont think it's going to go any where with out axles:D
So thats why it wouldnt move......:beat: :beat: :awkward: I knew I was missing something!

I am ordering my axles and brakes this week...that shouldnt be an issue for very long!

At least I have this (you know for those pesky axles):

-John :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
mini tub

Doing a great job there Adidasink,I wish i wasn't so far away that i could drop by and see all your hard work.
Mike

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
adidasink said:
4.11 gearing

Not sure yet on TH350 or 700R4

your gonna have a lot of fun with that gear buddy!!!! hhahaahahaha.looking awesome...i need to get over there soon.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1965proSTREET said:
your gonna have a lot of fun with that gear buddy!!!! hhahaahahaha.looking awesome...i need to get over there soon.
You already came out...I think its my turn to come over your way again!!!!

Yeah...that gear will be fun....did I mention I really was hoping to pop the wheels on take off?

HA!

-John

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
I dig your website. I especially like the idea of building your own Tesla Coil. Some years back, I built one with beer bottles, a copper toilet float, and "various other parts". Towards the end, it was pulling arcs off the T-Bar ceiling grid before our apprentice instructor disconnected the power. But I did prove you can build a capacitor using salt water and beer bottles. Very cool site!!!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
What tires are those? I am putting my back halved car back on the street and need some dual purpose tires.
spence

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
spence said:
What tires are those? I am putting my back halved car back on the street and need some dual purpose tires.
spence
Those are the new Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R Radial tires...size I have are 29x18.

A bit pricey...but they are radials!

-John

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
adidasink said:
You already came out...I think its my turn to come over your way again!!!!

Yeah...that gear will be fun....did I mention I really was hoping to pop the wheels on take off?

HA!

-John
anytime man anytime...
i will be heading down to corsicana next week i think, i will see about those headers...i will take my camera and send you pics or something ok? oh and i gotta help fix the camaro that i tore up....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts