Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy ! just looking for some advice :yes:. I have a 63 nova and would like to get a 26x11.5x15 tire under the car . I cut the stock interfenderwells down the middle . and I'm going to add a 2" piece of metal back to the fenderwell. It measures 12" from the inner stucture on the quarter panel to the frame rail . any advice would be cool . Im trying to get 10" of tire on the groung . any advice with back spacing or some one that lives in the area that has done this that wouldnt mined me setting there tires on the car . any help is appreciated :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Ive done the mini tub and I was only able to free up 14" of space. Be sure to check what the section width of tire is. I have some 29x11.5x15 MTs and the section witdh is 14" on the dot. I am now moving my frame rails in and I have 17.5" on each side to work with. I was never happy with the mini tub but many do like it. Here is my current thread for the frame new rails.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122210

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
steve you may have to notch the frame a tad your going to have to get rid of the bumb stops i cant remember if you did that already i would suggest using a 15 x 8 in rim with 5" of backspace this would put a lot of the tire down on the ground but the side walls would buldge like you wouldnt believe (I=I) <---- an example
you may want to run a 15x10 to narrow up that buldge but its going to also narrow up the tread too :(

i do know that you can get a 15x8.5 rim too :yes:

i found this on jegs website

3753- mt street drag tires 26x11.5x15
tire compound: m5
tire overall diameter: 26.3''
average rollout/circumferance: 82''
tire tread width: 9.8''
tire section: 12.0''
wheel diameter: 15''
spec wheel width: 10''
tire weight: 22.0 lbs
suggested tube part# 9553
so using these demensions this is what the tire will be on the ground

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you can get 15x9 :yes:
steve you may have to notch the frame a tad your going to have to get rid of the bumb stops i cant remember if you did that already i would suggest using a 15 x 8 in rim with 5" of backspace this would put a lot of the tire down on the ground but the side walls would buldge like you wouldnt believe (I=I) <---- an example
you may want to run a 15x10 to narrow up that buldge but its going to also narrow up the tread too :(

i do know that you can get a 15x8.5 rim too :yes:

i found this on jegs website

3753- mt street drag tires 26x11.5x15
tire compound: m5
tire overall diameter: 26.3''
average rollout/circumferance: 82''
tire tread width: 9.8''
tire section: 12.0''
wheel diameter: 15''
spec wheel width: 10''
tire weight: 22.0 lbs
suggested tube part# 9553
so using these demensions this is what the tire will be on the ground

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive done the mini tub and I was only able to free up 14" of space. Be sure to check what the section width of tire is. I have some 29x11.5x15 MTs and the section witdh is 14" on the dot. I am now moving my frame rails in and I have 17.5" on each side to work with. I was never happy with the mini tub but many do like it. Here is my current thread for the frame new rails.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122210
Your car looks great !:yes: I would love to have 14 " Im looking at roughly 13" did you rool your outer wheel wells (before the new frame rails ) . I think I would like to run the hoosier slicks 26x 10x15 they have a 11.5 section with. and a medium compound .

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
No I didnt roll the out wells. With the frame rails I was wrong I have 17.5" on each side. I could have went even wider but decided not to. With the stock tubs you are limited on the tire height but the 26" should be fine. I already had my gears so I went a little taller on the tire 29". Thanks for the complement. Its been a lot of fun doing it. I cant wait to start #2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts