Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find T D C using a piston stop , When I turn the crankshaft bolt ccw it loosens so I can't get the second reading . I pulled the plugs to lower compression, but no help. Any ideas ? Thanks I really appreciate the help

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
You will have to pull the dampener and use a crankshaft socket. It fits the front of the crank, it just slides right on like the dampener does but with no interferance.

Are you trying to degree the cam?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I'm trying to find T D C using a piston stop , When I turn the crankshaft bolt ccw it loosens so I can't get the second reading . I pulled the plugs to lower compression, but no help. Any ideas ? Thanks I really appreciate the help
if you have the flywheel installed you can turn it that way too :yes:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just pull the pulley and put 3 long 3/8" fine bolts in the balancer,use a long bar or tubing to turn it.Save you alot of time of pulling the balancer.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
You can make a tool from a old balancer puller or an old pulley. Just weld a big nut to either one then use the 3 bolts to install it. If it's just a one time deal for you then get a helper and use the flywheel.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
what are you having trouble with why are you trying to find tdc ???

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not really having any problems , this is just something I wanted to check out to make sure. Youv'e given some great advice, Thanks everyone!!!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
strap wrench?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts