Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
What is the True Factory spatter color for the inside trunk of a 1966 chevy nova ss
I keep hearing different results, Black-Aqua, others say Gray and white and even others say depends on when and where the car was manufactured
Does anyone actually know the True color that was splattered in the Trunk of a 1966 nova ss

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
my trunk color is black-aqua on a 66 sport coupe, not saying that is correct or not but that is the color i have.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would under the title in this Originality thread called 1966 L79 Restoration it has lots of pictures of what an 1966 Nova should have, there are some trunk pictures.. It is the 3rd thread under Originality. I hope you find that useful.

·
14,909 Posts
First, lets call it by the correct name. It's spatter paint, not splatter.

If you type 'spatter paint' into the 'search' feature here at SNS, the majority of questions ask what kind of spatter paint to use on a '66 trunk. The majority of answers are grey/white. This answer appears to be substantiated as correct by the trunk color in the thread mentioned by Frank (post #4). This L79 was restored by L79 guru, Tom Migut, and I'm sure Tom has used the right color spatter paint...grey/white.

Bob

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
now do i have to repaint my trunk from black-aqua to gray -white ? the gray would sure lighten it up in there. i think i'll stay with what color it is.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would under the title in this Originality thread called 1966 L79 Restoration it has lots of pictures of what an 1966 Nova should have, there are some trunk pictures.. It is the 3rd thread under Originality. I hope you find that useful.
thanks alot

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First, lets call it by the correct name. It's spatter paint, not splatter.

If you type 'spatter paint' into the 'search' feature here at SNS, the majority of questions ask what kind of spatter paint to use on a '66 trunk. The majority of answers are grey/white. This answer appears to be substantiated as correct by the trunk color in the thread mentioned by Frank (post #4). This L79 was restored by L79 guru, Tom Migut, and I'm sure Tom has used the right color spatter paint...grey/white.

Bob
Thanks Bob

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
now do i have to repaint my trunk from black-aqua to gray -white ? the gray would sure lighten it up in there. i think i'll stay with what color it is.
I guess it must be Gray and white, almost all answers are gray and white, i just wonder if maybe the 67 nova was black and aqua i also have a 67 and it looks black and aqua , and 4 door i had been getting parts off of is black and aqua, i,m going with the most answers on the 66 which is gray and white

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I guess it must be Gray and white, almost all answers are gray and white, i just wonder if maybe the 67 nova was black and aqua i also have a 67 and it looks black and aqua , and 4 door i had been getting parts off of is black and aqua, i,m going with the most answers on the 66 which is gray and white
it sounds like gray-white is correct for the 66. the guy that restored my 66 did use parts from a 67 an maybe that's why i have the black-aqua paint color in my 66.

so was the 67 trunk different color from the 66 trunk, maybe black-aqua spatter ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it sounds like gray-white is correct for the 66. the guy that restored my 66 did use parts from a 67 an maybe that's why i have the black-aqua paint color in my 66.

so was the 67 trunk different color from the 66 trunk, maybe black-aqua spatter ?
don,t know but seems like it might be the three 67 i have seen has been

1 - 18 of 18 Posts