Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm having trouble finding the proper pressure shocks for my trunk. Has anyone done this? What did you use?

Thanks
Stan

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
Ok I'm having trouble finding the proper pressure shocks for my trunk. Has anyone done this? What did you use?

Thanks
Stan
Your trunk hinges use shocks? I thought the trunk lifts were done by torqueing a bar?

If you're not using the stock trunk lift you can get trunk shocks from McMaster/Carr or Grainger(Not sure if you have those out your way).

John

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because of my tubs, I had to remove some of that brackets and supports. Now I want to use the gas assisted shocks. I have done this many many times before but this one is giving me some grief. I can believe no one else has done this. I guess I'll get a couple more supports and try them.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
alot of newer cars use shocks to prop up the trunk, id search the junk yard, just an idea, i believe alot of late 90s cars use a small shock to hold up the trunk as well as some of newer-ish cars also us a small shock to hold up the hood. i could be wrong but i think late 90s-to early 00's mustangs use a shock on the trunk, worth a check at the junkyard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts