Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Pretty sure mine was just like the rest, theres nuts holding it on with holes on the inside so you can get to them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
725 Posts
I think, I'd have to look to be positive but I think that's how mine was

·
Registered
725 Posts
Theres holes on the inside of the trunk lid, a deep socket works might need extension I dont remember.

·
Vendor
1,780 Posts
Be careful and go slow when removing, the emblem studs like to snap off. They are held on by self threading speed or acorn nuts.

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,056 Posts
There is also a possibility that the emblem is attached with barrel clips like this: https://www.amazon.com/Retro-Motive-Emblem-Barrel-Clips-Qty-20/dp/B07FC22NWK

These were sometimes used at the factory if the emblem is installed in a location where the back side is not accessible. And body shops sometimes use them instead of the OE nuts to re-install emblems if the nuts are in a hard to reach location. Installing an emblem with these clips is easy ... they just press on over the emblem studs & snap into the holes. But removal isn't always as easy ... you have to carefully pry the emblem off.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Whoops lol I just looked at my pile of emblems because this had me curious and I realized I messed up, I have one large emblem with the bowtie that has no nuts attached to it, and it's the trunk lid emblem. You can see in the picture all the adhesive still left on the studs. Mine was glued in, and it's a 73. I put the nuts back on all the others

1 - 10 of 10 Posts