Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I know Classic Industries reproduces the trunk floor. It's pretty cheap, I think under $90.

Alex

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
MarkM68 said:
Just an updated. After some cutting and bending, I got the '66-67 drop offs to work.
Any way you can post some pics.I have a 65 post and was wondering how well the 66-67 would fit.
thanks

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
I have seen pictures of the full trunk including the "trunk to quarter filler".Also comes with the trunk floor braces and gas tank straps,but have not seen them with the drop offs.Got a link,or a pic ?
Not meaning to cut in on someone elses thread.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
acd65post said:
I have seen pictures of the full trunk including the "trunk to quarter filler".Also comes with the trunk floor braces and gas tank straps,but have not seen them with the drop offs.Got a link,or a pic ?
Not meaning to cut in on someone elses thread.
Thanks
Thanks for bringing this up. Looking on ebay I see that you are right: The full trunk floors do NOT appear to have dropoffs. I was wrong.

·
Registered
788 Posts
trunk drop-offs

I recently did a quarter panel behind the wheel before a paint job and had to dip a trunk drop-off in order to have a good replacement. I could not find a new replacement.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
acd65post said:
Any way you can post some pics.I have a 65 post and was wondering how well the 66-67 would fit.
thanks
I'll try to get some pics once I get the car up on the lift. Basically, they needed less then an hours time to fit. The top of the drop off fit the contour of the truck floor almost perfect. The problem was that it was to long, and needed to bend the opposite way where it meets the bottom of the quarter, and also where it meets the wheel opening.

I looked and called everywhere for these things, everyone said they weren't being made. I did hear from my parts guy that they were in the process of being made. So who knows if or when they'll actually be out sometime.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hey Craigert, is your car wet or a mirror like paint job !!!
:) :)

Nice !!

-Brent Thomas
Ohio

·
Registered
788 Posts
It's the clear!!!!!!!!!

Yahoo look at the dry concrete and ya can figure it out. Thanks for the complement. I sure am proud the way it shines. Now I have two shinny 64s. Ahhhhhhhhh what a good feeling and a long time coming.

This view shows the nice door jams too. It took me a while to get the rest of the interior in after the paint and new headliner. I have a few details remaining to do for Spring driving.

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
I'll try to get some pics once I get the car up on the lift. Basically, they needed less then an hours time to fit. The top of the drop off fit the contour of the truck floor almost perfect. The problem was that it was to long, and needed to bend the opposite way where it meets the bottom of the quarter, and also where it meets the wheel opening.

I looked and called everywhere for these things, everyone said they weren't being made. I did hear from my parts guy that they were in the process of being made. So who knows if or when they'll actually be out sometime.
I know this is an old thread, but I was hoping maybe someone had pictures of the 66-67 drop offs being used for the 62-65? I'm about to try and make it work.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I was hoping maybe someone had pictures of the 66-67 drop offs being used for the 62-65? I'm about to try and make it work.

I task you with this responsability Nick!!:D

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
I task you with this responsability Nick!!:D
Oh yea?:rolleyes: Only if you take responsibility for your bad spelling.:D
I measured it against the old rusty piece and it looks like it's going to need a little surgery. Its a little longer, and the curve by the wheel well is a little different, but nothing to major. It does fit the trunk floor pretty well. I don't think it will be to bad.
But If I F it up can I return it for a full refund?:D

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Sure thing, as long as you can weld it up and make it look exactly as was when I sent it to ya!!:D

I notice the reason for your edit was "bad spelling"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts