Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw a trunk emblem on racingjunk.com for a 67 super sport and also one for a non-ss car. wanted $100 for the non-ss and $1200 for the ss emblem. is this somewhat in the ballpark for the ss emblem? thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm not in the market for one. all of my emblems are in great shape. i just kind of thought to myself...dang that sounds like a lot of money for an emblem. money has been tight around the old homeplace and i might sell the one off my 67 #'s matching super sport....lol.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
i'm not in the market for one. all of my emblems are in great shape. i just kind of thought to myself...dang that sounds like a lot of money for an emblem. money has been tight around the old homeplace and i might sell the one off my 67 #'s matching super sport....lol.
can you post some pics please:Dbm

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
1200.00 is a fair price if it's pit free.I find it hard to believe Classic Ind. can put a retail price of only 389.00 on a repop ss trunk plate.Does anyone what it'll be made out of?

·
Premium Member
7,761 Posts
It's supposed to be a genuine diecast just like the original. $389 is about right in my estimate. The 67 SS diecast is one of the easier ones to make. Not like the 66 SS with it's unique non-polished textured center section. The 67 piece is simply chromed and then painted. The price is set based on the tooling and manufacturing costs and the projected sales. Of course they are manufactured in China which lowers the price too.

they are hard pressed to get youre money on a pre order i called the this time last year and they told me febuary its agood thing i waited
I figured I'd go ahead and pre-order one. If anything, that's what will get them made sooner. All they do is put your name on a list with your credit card #. When the part becomes available, they say they will notify you to see if you still want it. Then after that they will charge your card. They claim no charges will hit your card in advance or without your approval.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts