Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so whats the deal with the truck cove area does it get pianted the color of the car or what ?? any pics with and without ? can't make up my mind on what to do .

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Ahh shucks I miss read his post. :sleep: I thought he meant the inside of the trunk. :doh: RICK

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea lol the outside . would like to see some pics of cars pianted both with and without the silver . thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very nice . my will be black . so still don't know if i'm giong with the silver or not

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
You really should paint it argent it really makes the first gen cars look way better.
OK, after spending to many hours searching for Argent silver paint I have reached the end of the road. Guys, help me out here. I want to buy some of this paint but every paint store I've been to doesn't have references to the PPG 8568, Ditzler DE-8568, DuPont 42153, Ditzler DQE-8568 or DuPont 9692L. This has been a very frustrating adventure. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a store that sells this paint? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
I know this thread is old, but my son and I were recently discussing this same issue about our 63 SS.

I have always heard that the lower trunk area was always painted silver for the SS cars.

However, I have an original piece of 63 literature, and admitting I am a little color blind, it definitely looks like the trunk area is painted body color.

What are the facts??

·
13,713 Posts
I forgot to comment (post 11) that my original literature had a picture of the rear trunk area of a 63 SS
It's possible that some early literature shows the '63trunk cove painted body color on the SS. There are early pics of 65's showing body color, too. In reality, all 1963- 1965 SS cars had argent silver trunk coves.

Bob

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have found quite a few pics of the paint line that the factory used in the jamb of the trunk on the body. Anyone have an original car to show the paint break for the underside of the trunk lid?

I couldnt find any pics when I painted mine so I am not sure if its correct or not.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Old thread revival... I see how the body paint lines are divided, but as asked above, anyone have a pic of how the trunk itself has the paint lines cut in? I'm thinking just over the edges?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts