Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I've got a 1969 4dr with factory AC(whats left of it). The AC compressor and condenser are gone but I think the rest is in tact. But anyway, I am trying to figure out why my heater doesn't work. I'll admit the controls are pretty confusing, but when I think I have it set to AC, the fan turns on and I get cool air through the vents, or I can switch it to the floor/defrost. However, when I slide the control to "Hot" the fan just turns off. Is there a fuse or relay somewhere? Or is there a seperate blower for the heater that is dead? :confused:

To be more clear, when the 3 sliders are at the top, I get cool air through the vents. When I move the middle slider down, I get cool air through the floor/defrost. When I move the far left or right slider down, the blower shuts off.

OK update: The heater actually only runs when the car is running...when the car is off the blower will run in the AC section, but turn off when switched to heat. Weird.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The small switch itself could be loose and causing a short when you push it down. I purchased a new switch and the switch was loose inside of the casing it is made into, causing it to short out when you push the controller down. It only took a little tightening with some pliers so it wouldn't move in the casing. I hope I explained this ok enough for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.