Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
Neat car, and good color choices. The trim looks so good on that car in black, and the rear antenna is cool, too. I bet there aren't many triple black Nova convertibles; I hope it's as good as the pictures underneath and in the typical rust spots. Looks like another '63 SS without PS and PB.

I had a '63 SS with power steering and power glide, and it was a pretty darned original car. It also had a chromed valve cover on it, and I wondered if it were from the factory or the dealer or neither. I had a '64 with a 230 in it that had a chromed valve cover, and I understand how that could be on that engine that year, but anyone else have their '63 SS come with a chrome valve cover?

·
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like another '63 SS without PS and PB.

I had a '63 SS with power steering and power glide, and it was a pretty darned original car. It also had a chromed valve cover on it, and I wondered if it were from the factory or the dealer or neither. I had a '64 with a 230 in it that had a chromed valve cover, and I understand how that could be on that engine that year, but anyone else have their '63 SS come with a chrome valve cover?
My '63 SS convertible had factory PS and PB. It also had a chrome valve cover, air cleaner lid, oil filler cap and fuel line. As a Nova newbie I did all kinds of study on how it got all that stuff. One day I checked the numbers and found the engine was a 1964 230 CID that had the dress up package. Hard to tell a 194 from a 230 without some investigation.

Bob

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
a nice looking convert. for sure. i wonder what the finale sale price will be. i could only see a few things missing. battery hold down rod, rear console light, an the burned dash above the ash tray. but i'd still enjoy having it in my garage.

·
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i could only see a few things missing. battery hold down rod, rear console light, an the burned dash above the ash tray. but i'd still enjoy having it in my garage.
I noticed the cigarette burns above the ash tray, too. You see this frequently on cars of this era. Keeping eyes on the road resulted in the ash tray being a pretty small target to hit. Also, if the back seat was used to any extent, a foot breaking the console lens at some point was almost a sure thing.

Check out the DIY heater hose bracket on the passenger side inner fender. Probably works better than the factory bracket which left a lot to be desired. As I mentioned earlier, it's too bad they didn't use a correct pattern repop kit to redo the seats and door panels, but I like the 'what you see is what you get' about this car.

Bob

·
Registered
990 Posts
I don't know what the reserve is but I will make a guess and say the highest bid will be about $18,500. Will that buy the car? We'll wait and see. I think it would be worth more if the interior was redone correctly. Anyone else want the take a wag at the highest bid?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anyone know if it sold & for how much? I looked at Ebay under completed listings for it & couldn’t find it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Looks like it was ended early by the seller.

·
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sharp sharp car, the engine dress up option? was that nova only? seems its the only Ive seen on, thanks
The engine dressup wasn't available until 1964 and only on the 230CID/155 HP six cylinder. In addition to the '64 Chevy II, it was also available on the 1964 Chevelle with the 230 CID six. It consisted of chrome air cleaner lid, valve covers, dip stick, oil filler cap, fuel and vacuum lines. While it wasn't available until 1964, you see it, or parts of it, on '63 Chevy IIs all the time. This black SS convertible is missing the chrome air cleaner top.

Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts