Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3rd gen Nova. 1972

I am not really to the interior stage just yet but I am mounting tweeters in my A-Piller Trim and test fitting everything as I go. I just can’t remember what trims out the area between the top of the windshield and the headliner.

I know there is a rail up there with cleats that secures the headliner material and gives it something to glue to. Is there a wind lace or something that runs between the left and right a-piller trims across the top?

I took the car apart several years ago and just don’t remember. I have not studied my parts pile that closely and because I am lazy I thought I would just ask.:D

In case of a verbiage problem, wind lace is a “U” shaped vinyl covered spring metal piece that covers the pinch weld area between the rocker molding and the belt line on the B-piller. It also finished out the forward section of the rear quarter interior panel.

Steve

·
14,584 Posts
There is a piece of windlace that goes on the top. It has a very thing piece of vinyl that connects each side together. The mirror has a cover that goes over the mounting bracket that covers the center area where the thin piece of connecting vinyl is. The sides are covered by the pillar covers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts