Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have a question,
What are the tricks to installing and sealing a windshield in a 64 Chevy II hardtop? I have had the front and back both installed twice now and it leaks worse now than before. I have ssen the metal around the glass and it looks new. We used new gaskets and everything. I need help!!! I live about 40 miles from Tyler texas and would be happy to take it to someone that can seal it right.
Thanks,
Bruce

·
Registered
26 Posts
Windshield Installation

There are some very good instructions on the Steele Rubber Products website. Click the link below:
https://secure.steelerubber.com/

Go to "Shop Online" at the top
Insert Year
Insert Make
Click "Find Parts"
Click on "windshield" on the left side of the screen
Then click on the "installation pdf"

Seems to be very thorough...hope it helps!

63Z03SS

·
Registered
76 Posts
widow chanels

some times the pinch welds on the body make it so crooked it can not seal good. now as I do my cars I do body work in the window chanels and make them chery , I use an all metal filler .somthing to look at Joel

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Do yourself a favor and increase your odds of getting a good seal by getting a good gasket. Steele makes the best! My glass guy put mine in dry and let the seal and glass sit for a couple of weeks to acclimate, before coming back and shooting sealer (urethane) into the gasket and channel.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
I thought I was going to be The Man and put my front and back glass in myself. Got Steele gaskets for both. Tried and made me crazy :mad:. Best monet I ever spent to have the glass shop put them in.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Do yourself a favor and increase your odds of getting a good seal by getting a good gasket. Steele makes the best! My glass guy put mine in dry and let the seal and glass sit for a couple of weeks to acclimate, before coming back and shooting sealer (urethane) into the gasket and channel.
x2....you need to have sealer between the rubber and the glass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts