Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
considering trans. for 67 with 427 sb. 565hp and 574 ft. lbs. has anyone put in a tremic? how much trouble? can you use the console. fill me in people please.:) What about the Jerrico or Richmond gear?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Just received my Keisler RS 500 from UPS today! Excited to say the least. But, it is going to be a while before installation. Saving for CBR front suspension next. If you are going the Keisler route, you will need about 2 1/2 months lead time. They cannot keep up with production demands. Not sure where the fault lies though. It sure is a purty thing sitting in the box. I have to say that the trans cross member is one stout piece of craftsmanship.

Good luck on whichever route you choose.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I got the turn key package. I'm going with the hydraulic system as well. I wanted to get away from the mechanical linkage and clean up the engine bay a little. It may take longer to ensure that everything works properly but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Time will tell though.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Which Tremec are you talking about , TKO-500, TKO-600, or the T56 Magnum?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Just did a TKO 600 5 speed in a 72 Chevelle. The sheet metal floor they sent with the template looked great. We followed the instructions EXACTLY.
When we put the tranny in, the tunnel was still about 4/2-3/4" too small:mad::mad::mad:
If you do this, and I would because this system is KILLER, put the tranny in BEFORE you permanently attach anything!!!!
Trans, clutch, etc. work GREAT:yes::yes::yes:
It was worth it and I would do it again, just don't take anybodys word about the fit without checking for yourself.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yes, I purchased the kiesler tko 600 complete kit including bellhousing, driveshaft, clutch, crossmember, etc.. complete kit. Fit great and works even better. Love the 5th gear!:yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts