1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
I'm planning on adding one of those to my system when I find some energy to do it, and I am just going to place it right before the cooler's input. I don't figure that the trans fluid is going to lose a significant amount of temp in the two feet of hose I have leading up to the cooler.

Doing it this way I don't have to worry about heat issues with the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, i can probably find a spot up front for it. DO you know if the manifold needs to be grounded? I would think so since the sensor needs to be grounded to work right.

Thanks
-Dan

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Yeah, i can probably find a spot up front for it. DO you know if the manifold needs to be grounded? I would think so since the sensor needs to be grounded to work right.

Thanks
-Dan
Whether it needs to be grounded or not probably depends on your choice of tubing. Braided steel, or rigid tubing, would probably transfer a proper ground from the trans through the fittings, tube and manifold.

You could probably ground the manifold to the chassis very easily if you're using non-metallic hoses though.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
You should be able to have a bulkhead fitting welded into your steal pan. Look for a bung at Summit.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whether it needs to be grounded or not probably depends on your choice of tubing. Braided steel, or rigid tubing, would probably transfer a proper ground from the trans through the fittings, tube and manifold.

You could probably ground the manifold to the chassis very easily if you're using non-metallic hoses though.
Yeah, i decided to go with 5/16 hard line. What a pain to work with though. I guess it wouldn't hurt to to run a ground wire from the temp manifold to the frame though.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
I bought a pan and it was predrilled and tapped for a trans temp guage. I think it was a B&M pan from Atlantic Speed parts off ebay. It seems like it was way cheaper from them than anyone else I looked at.

·
Registered
375 Posts
B&M makes a drain plug adapter for a steel pan that is threaded 1/8 NPT. This works for an electric gauge. Never saw one with 1/2 NPT.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, i ran it in the out line (lower) from the transmission. I made a small bracket that attaches to the oil pan to hold the temp manifold since my lines run past there and are away from the exhaust. I haven't got around to testing it yet since i had to mount the gauge. Ended up making a cover and mounting it in the ash tray. I should finish it all tomorrow though finally.

All that's left is fill the trans with fluid, bolt the converter to the flexplate, and finish some wiring. But it has been fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts