Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...I ended up adding another 1/4 Qt of gear oil to my sag 4 speed...I filled it till it started running out...Not heavy Just a small amount....Now after driving it..I noticed there was a spot of oil underneath the tail housing..Is that because of over fill...or did the seal blow ??:eek:.....It's not a puddle...it's about three inche's in diameter....Thanks...

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Well...I ended up adding another 1/4 Qt of gear oil to my sag 4 speed...I filled it till it started running out...Not heavy Just a small amount....Now after driving it..I noticed there was a spot of oil underneath the tail housing..Is that because of over fill...or did the seal blow ??:eek:.....It's not a puddle...it's about three inche's in diameter....Thanks...
your only supposed to fill it half way:eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:rolleyes:..The fill hole is on the side.........:confused:...I think that would mean...It's half full...........:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey bm....Your avatar makes me feel like having a drink....you know....Slow me down a peg........:D..:yes::no::yes::no::yes::no:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The rear seal may just be worn our or it ran dry and wore out. Too much oil will not blow a seal in a 4 spd, it's not under pressure, just circulating.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks taz...I'll keep an eye out to see what transpires..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts