1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I dont think it really matters but I would use the lower for the "in" and the upper for the "out." That way the cooler has to fill up with fluid before it can go back to the trans, which might help get rid of any air pockets.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think it really matters but I would use the lower for the "in" and the upper for the "out." That way the cooler has to fill up with fluid before it can go back to the trans, which might help get rid of any air pockets.

-Dan
Thanks Dan. I will probably turn the cooler so that both fittings are pointed down. Do you know which is which on the transmission?

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Im thinking you are talking about the transmission side right?? On my 700r4 (my be the same) the return port is the one on the top. JR

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im thinking you are talking about the transmission side right?? On my 700r4 (my be the same) the return port is the one on the top. JR
Yep. They are similar transmissions, so it's a good bet, thanks. The reason it matters is that the the temp sensor for the fan switch has to be on the inlet of the cooler.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Thanks Dan. I will probably turn the cooler so that both fittings are pointed down. Do you know which is which on the transmission?
I believe it is the top fitting on the trans that is the outlet on the 200-4r. Most of the others use the top as the return but I think it is reversed for the TH200 and 200-4R. Im not 100% though. Might be a good idea to unhook the lines and start the car for a second to see which line the fluid comes out. This could be messy though lol.

-Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts