Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a transmission adapter plate that he ran across while he was getting ready for the Charolette Auto Fair. It converts chevrolet to something else. Here is the part number. anyone have any idea what it may convert?

Jeremy GM5

·
Registered
508 Posts
I dont know the number, but do know they make adapters to bolt a Buick/Old/Pontiac bellhousing pattern to Chevrolet pattern, perhaps it's one of those? You might look in Summit or Jegs catalog. Brett.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i don't know the number... in the 55-6-7 chevys they used an adapter plate between the engine and the castiron powerglide... maybe this helps...

do ya have a picture ???

·
Registered
857 Posts
It could be to convert a amc engine to a chevy in a full size jeep,AMC used a 400 turbo trans and had all kinds of intermixed parts on them.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Man there are 100's of different adapters avalable out there...if you can think of an odd ball combo...well there is an adapter avalable to make it happen...if you want a 392 hemi hooked to a ford toploader tranny they make it....If you want a buick 455 hooked to a chrylser tranny well they make that too....if you have a flathead ford and want to hook it to a 700R4 tranny well you guessed it they have that one too.....the list goes on and on...

IDing this adapter based on the part number will be difficult to say the least...do a search online for adapters..there are several companies out there that deal strickly in these things...possibly they will be able to help ya out...

Good luck...:)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Johnny might be right, if it's got some GM numbers, it very well could be out of an early block. I'd forgot about those and I've removed one before. If it's got factory stampings and GM markings, I bet Johnny's got you in the right arena. Since you've seen it and we haven't, you might want to review some tri-5 cites or ebay listings to locate this adapter plate and see if it's the same. If so, it's worth some bucks. If it's aftermarket to mate different automatics those tend to run about 60 or 80 bucks new (again, check Jegs or Summit, they sell those different adapters to mate a chevy automatics to other engines and to made chevy engines to other transmissions). Brett.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts