Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've got a transmission mount question. I pulled the original 327 and a TH400 and put a 383 and the same TH400 back in my 67. When I put the transmission crossmember mount bolts back in, they seemed to not want to tighten. When I removed the bolts originally, I remember them being snug and fairly long.

When I look up into the two holes in the crossmember, I can see the threads fine. I start them by hand then use a socket wrench. For some reason, they are not tightening. They don't feel stripped at all, but it does feel as if there should be a nut on the top. I didn't have to use any type of wrench to hold a nut when I removed them.

This has gotten me a bit baffled. Any thoughts would help. Could it be stripped? Could the bolts need nuts on top of the mounting pad? Etc.....

·
Registered
421 Posts
if it seems like the bolts into the trans for the mount are not tightening the threads might be messed up. if so all u need to do is tap them to the next size up.or go to autozone and rent there thread restoring kit. this might work if the threads are not that trashed. the last person might have screwed up the threads. they are only aluminum. no nut on top is used. good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.