Chevy Nova Forum banner

Trans Cooler location? Pics?

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  jjj5757 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Time to install the B&M trans cooler on my 66. I can't see it fitting between the radiator and the grill, not sure about using the zip ties to mount it to the radiator as it seems it would eventually rub through the radiator tubes.

Leaning towards mounting it where the battery used to be (now in the trunk), suggestions and pictures most welcome.:yes:

#2 ·
If you have an electric fan, you can mount it about anywhere space and air flow permits. No rules. The old battery location sounds like a winner to me.

On my 66C10 I have it hanging slightly below the front bumper. I doubt your nova has the ground clearance to use that location.

I just grabbed something from work to make into a guard for the oil cooler on the 64. I cut the center out of a large fan guard! Should look really cool.

#9 ·
trans cooler..

I recently was concerned about a leak from the rad to the trans....old radiator....so I took it to my guy and he flushed and pressurized the system with his cleaning unit. They run 175* fluid at 65 psi thru the coils in the rad and the remote using the tranny lines. It checked out OK...this is a good way to double check the condition and be sure. I also use an oil temp gauge on the tranny to monotor fluid temp...wilma

#8 ·
Leaning towards mounting it where the battery used to be (now in the trunk), suggestions and pictures most welcome.:yes:
I am doing this on my 63. Depending on the size of the cooler, you may have to cut out the bump or ledge where the battery tray mounted, that's what I'm doing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.