Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to move the trans cooler off the radiator if possible. I was thinking a plate style cooler and braided -6. But not sure on the location yet. My battery is in the trunk so i was thinking right there. But will air flow be enough? And will I have any issues with tech at the drag strip, on that location ?
63, 383, th350, 3000stall, street/strip

·
Registered
87 Posts
Any trans cooler that I have seen that is mounted near the trans or in the rear of the car has its own fan on it due to the low air flow. I would say its easier to go with shorter trans fluid lines to the cooler and longer power for a fan than anything else.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
GM Perf 350/T350 and 4.11. Engine is tweaked a little. I have the B&M Super cooler with fan(70298) and also have a DeRale tranny pan with the cooling tubes built in(14200) also has a bung for a tranny temp gage. Put the cooler under the car/under the passenger seat area. Haven't had any cooling issues.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Gen 2 here but I mounted it under the car, spaced off a bit with rubber bushings, under the passenger seat area. It does have a fan and hangs no lower than my sub frame connectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts