Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
You can silver solder or braze an AN fitting onto the barbed tube or just go buy a new cooler.

I always buy trans coolers with pipe threaded inlets and outlets already on them so I can run whatever style hose and fittings I want.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
I cut mine off as close as I could and used a couple Parker Hannifin (sp) pieces that had a compression fitting for 3/8" tube on one side and a 3/8" flare on the other. Although there is a few degrees difference in AN and normal flared ends, I have crossed them on several occasions and have never had a leak. The pieces I used were stainless and were expensive but I think they also sell them in a regular steel version for a lot less.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, ill do a little more research. I know there is a shop a few miles from my house that does this trype of stuff. Ill stop in and get a quote since i dont have the tools to do any of this myself.

I always buy trans coolers with pipe threaded inlets and outlets already on them so I can run whatever style hose and fittings I want.
I was going to buy one like that but a friend had one new in a box laying around that i got for a good price (free :D) so if i have to put $20-30 in it isnt no big deal. Its the 11x 7.5 cooler by B&M and I figured it should be large enough for my 10 inch converter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts