Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hey guys, I presently have a 67 SS with a 350 trans and was thinking about swapping it out for a four speed. The block is a newer version (86 I believe). Is there anyone out there that sells a simple conversion kit???
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
819 Posts
4 speed conversion

I am doing the same thing to my 67 right now along with a motor change. I did not find any conversion kits anywhere except for 68 and up. I bought a bellhousing on e-bay(make sure you get the right one #309 if going with a muncie). I picked up a couple of linkages and the rest at chevy2only. Waiting for all the parts to get here to put together. Only a bellhousing in the 7 Oclock position will work. If putting a Muncie in you need the #309. #383 has to small of an opening and only fits other trans. You would have to machine out larger. I think chevy2only has everything but maybe a bellhousing. Usually allways one on E-bay. Good luck and enjoy

·
Registered
861 Posts
You will have to give up the auto console and either go with a shifter on the hump or get an SS 4 speed console with muncie 4 speed hifter or a Hurst shifter(using the Hurst shifter you would need to modify the opening where the shifter protrudes up into). Also Lakewood makes a steel bellhousing for the 67. Do a search for 4 speed and related topics here at the site "search". Here are some recent post regarding 4 speeds in a 62-67 chevy II's. Click onto my post and view the 4 speed and associated items. I used a Lakewood bellhousing with a Centerforce clutch/plate. Good luck...Phil

http://stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36999

1 - 5 of 5 Posts