Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i went to take the pan off the turbo 350 tonight to prep the trans for paint. and what i found was small metal shavings. bought the car last year so far junk motor and now the suppossidly new tci tranny. the numbers stamped are a streetfighter. taking apart to try to find the source. mabey convertor who knows. been trying to get the car back together but keep getting kicked in my happy place. was looking at gearstar for a new unit.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
depending on how old the tranny is it may just some of the wear in material off the bushings. You can always have it torn down and gone thru by a reputable tranny shop. They should be able to tell you whats what.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Ive had a table spoon of metal sludge in my th350 before and i had it built by a ovaltrack trans guy. id say thats normal, clean it out and stick type F fuid in and go.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'll second that, I run type F fluid in my turbo 350. I like it better than dextron III.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i tore the trans down today and what i found was weird. in some spots internally were the walls are smooth near the clutch packs and so on the surface pealed away. i thought the case was a one piece machined unit. i now have a junk case. i called the trans shop that has built a few t350s for me and told him what i found and said the case must have been realt worn and was surprised that t.c.i. would use that case. looking into a level 3 gearstar now. they cut the prices from 1,700.00 down to 1,100.00 on the 350. economy slow do better prices.:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts