Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on what tranny cooler i should use for a TH 400. Radiator doesnt have a tranny cooler.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I just purchased the b&m super cooler for $120 dollars and it uses "AN " fittings and is good for street use and racing apllications .

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Without question, get the B&M. You can use braided hose that screws on, NO RUBBER hose or clamps.
the B&M and other stacked plate variety are made by long manufacturing. if you shop around you can find them for half the price as the one that come with aftermarket stickers LOL :rolleyes:

i recommend the larger version with 1/2 npt fittings "engine oil cooler"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello All

The Very best Trans Cooler I have ever used is one made from an old Air Conditioning Condenser.

I used one of the Add On Air Conditioning Condensers like ARA, it was the type that had a Flat Tube bent back and fourth to make the condenser.

It will take a little adapting at the fitting ends to fit the trans cooler lines, but it works really great.

The proper way to install it or any other cooler is to install it so the fittings are at the top and bottom of the cooler, the HOT fluid comming in, connects to the bottom of the cooler and the return COOL fluid comes out of the TOP of the cooler. This allows the cooler to constantly blead out any TRAPPED AIR, this will make the cooler as efficent as it can ever be at removing the heat from the fluid.

Hope this helps

Dusty

1 - 13 of 13 Posts