Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i need advise on the caind of trani mount that i need my 69 chevy nova had a L154 4cyl engine and im pputing on a 5.7 v8Hd whit a 700 trani
what caind of mount will i need and where i can find it
Thanks

·
Registered
583 Posts
The 700 trans is the same size as the TH350.. maybe they use the same mounts

Uhh the 700 is not the same size as a TH350 thats the 2004r thats the same size as a TH350. The 700r4 is bigger than a TH350 and needs a diff crossmember, drive shaft, and many other things. Use a 2004r fits easier and is just as good as a 700r4.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill already have the th700r4 ,there's any way i can mod the crossmember?
the driveshaft is easy but the crossmember is a really dificult piece to get here in mexico bro

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
here's a link to the dimensions of the different transmissions.
http://www.tciauto.com/Products/TechInfo/trans_dims.asp

from the face of the bellhousing to the trans mount on a 700r4 is about 2" further back than a th350.so you will need a x-member made for the 700r4(classic industry part # k6068).you will also need to shorten your driveshaft and maybe modify the trans tunnel.

the 2004r uses the same x-member as the th400(chevy2only part# 16008) and you don't have to mess with the driveshaft or trans tunnel to fit it.

the 700r4 takes more to make it fit but since you already have it,it might be worth it.unless you can find someone that would trade you a 2004r for the 700r4.

which ever trans you decide to go with i highly recommend buying a kit for the tv cable brackets.it's very hard to fab your own and have it work right.if the cable is not perfect you will burn up the trans in no time.
here's a link to the type of kit you should look for.this is for a holley carb.
http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/catalog/catalog.php?Action=GETSUBCAT&CATID=WA3A3A2

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ill already have the th700r4 ,there's any way i can mod the crossmember?
the driveshaft is easy but the crossmember is a really dificult piece to get here in mexico bro

You can mod the x member but its going to take some work and some metal with the same guage as the original x member to have the strength.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts