Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
now that I have the engine, the box, the steering wheel, the instruments on board, I still have the train before to remake which is completenet hs, including the dampers.
I found several sites but not on making the right choice
would you have a recommendation knowing that it must cross the Atlantic
thank you

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I’m not sure I or anyone else would be able to help you with what you have posted. I do not understand what you are asking for help with.. Maybe try to say it another way.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay
I'm going to try
I am looking for a good address to provide me with room to redo my front train

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
yes i see the trouble with french an english. i used to live in germany an it was a pain trying to ask for auto parts in the stores. its all in translation. i asked once for a train track switch when i wanted a brake switch. good luck to you gabriel.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My guess it's about the front suspension.
Dampers I would translate to shock absorbers.

Learning another language is one thing, learning names of car parts, naming electrical parts etc in another language is another level.
A lot of beginning car mechanics don't even know the proper names in their own language:D
But as with other things,the more your interest,the faster you learn.
A big help can be an assembly manual and look up the parts and description.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Clearly you are looking for assistance with your suspension.. What are you trying to accomplish? Rebuild what you have or swap in all new hardware.
I have done a lot of suspension work over the years but never in French.. :D

I replaced my stock suspension arms and bought the CPP Mini subframe kit for my 64 Nova.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it is true that terms from one country to another differ.
I try to remake my suspension before completely because everything is hs except the chassis

·
Registered
344 Posts
it is true that terms from one country to another differ.
I try to remake my suspension before completely because everything is hs except the chassis
That's where I run into from time to time.
Don't know exactly what you need but sites like Summitracing and rockauto have good international shipping to my experience. Since I don't have a credit card I can't do business with sites that require one for payment , but I'm sure there's more sites. Classic industries is a good one but a real hassle to purchase parts not owning a credit card and living in Europe. Took me about 2 weeks to place my order....only a dashpad.
Not saying you should shop at rockauto but they have a very down to earth layout. Just enter Chevrolet, Nova,1972, and you can browse thru all the departments.
Down part is they ship from different suppliers so you have to watch where the parts come from, it can save on shipping costs.
Summit ships from one supplier I believe. And they ship fast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts