Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK after three weeks of waiting.. I called the local stores to see if the VR1 10W30 had arrived yet.... no luck, called the hub store.. non stocking.... asked for corporate number....

Called corporate talked to some yoyo that could not under stand me nor I him... transferred to another person that actually spoke American English:D... told him I was looking for VR1 10W30 synthetic.... and none was to be found in the Houston Area.....

and that AutoZone was the Sole distributors for it at this time according to Valvoline.... was then connected to the nicest guy... the national chemical buyer for Autozone....

in a week or two I will have 24 quarts delivered to my local store with my name on it for will call....

So.. if you want the VR1 10W30 synthetic and its not available to you at your local store... pop me a PM and I will give ya the guys name and direct line to his desk...

good luck and good hunting

Veno

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
I live in El Cajon California about 20 miles east of San Diego. Local Pep Boys has VR1 10w-30 Synthetic and regular VR1 10w-30 on the shelves.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
good stuff. I used the 20/50 in a customers 70 chevelle with a 406 hydr roller cam had good consistant oil pressure and no lifter noises or issues.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
its a grade three syn... not grade 4 or 5

its on sale right now... normal price will be with the average syn oils... 6.99 I think is the MSRP but done know for sure..

the ZDDP is the same as all the VR1 line up.... it maywell be the 1200/1100.... I am not worried.. what ever the true content is . it wil be in the same range as any of the other vr1 line up.... Valvoline tolde me.. I just dont remember exactly.... but when they told me the content I remember I was satisfied with its safty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts