Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, at least I'm posting this a little bit earlier this year!! Yep, it's Tour d'Orange 2013 time!! Last year, because of my late post, we only had a few guys participate - RK, Wade, Joe, Jim and myself. I'm planning on doing it again, depending on the weather of course. Last year we started out in the fog but ended up in warm sunshine the rest of the cruise. Here is some info I got from another site.

January 1st 2013 "Tour d'Orange" The 9th edition of arguably the first car event of the year. Expect around 350 cars participating in this casual New Years Day tour along two lane roads in the OC. Finishing at the In N Out Burger (Jamboree/Barranca). There are no formal invitations, just show up.
Meet at the corner of Fischer Ave & Red Hill Ave, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Arrive by 8:30 AM, maps at 8:45 AM, DEPART AT 9 AM

And here's a link to a video from last year. If you look close, you'll even see us talking before we took off (with a good shot of Jim's wagon)!!

You will see most everything out there as you can tell!! Anyway, it's a great way to start the New Year and I hope to see some of you there again!!
Joe

·
Registered
876 Posts
Joe, Unfortunately I'm not going to be abe to make it this year, but I have had a great time making the cruise the past 2 years. It's a fun cruise, cruise it if you can make it.
jim

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joe
I wont be able to make it this year. Bev and I had fun last year.
I was wondering if you were going to post this or not this year.

Here is another video. You can see us taking off around the 7:05 min mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=NMFZfrQxeTU&NR=1.
Wade, no problem. It was fun last year and I hope the weather cooperates again this year!! Say hi to Bev and have a very Merry Christmas!!

Joe, Unfortunately I'm not going to be abe to make it this year, but I have had a great time making the cruise the past 2 years. It's a fun cruise, cruise it if you can make it.
jim
Hey Jim, yeah, isn't this the time of year for something in hockey that you like to watch?? Or maybe I have my sports crossed up?? Anyway, I understand and you have a very Merry Christmas also!! Take care my brother.

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Hey Joe.....I had a great time the first day of 2012 too, but I'm out this year, as in.....out of town. Have a fantastic time! RK

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Joe.....I had a great time the first day of 2012 too, but I'm out this year, as in.....out of town. Have a fantastic time! RK
Hey RK, no worries. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate this year anyway!! I'll be detailing the Nova today and joining the fun bright and early tomorrow. You have a safe New Year's!!
Joe

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anybody else??? WTF only two novas so far Lots of late money cars / vetts/ furds... Still time.....
I was there, I was there..........second lane in from the curb and about 5 or 6 cars from the front of the line!!!!

I was standing by the Caddie convertible in this picture with the guy who owns it, having coffee and eating a donut!!

Didn't see you pull in. Were you back aways down the street?? I got there around 7:00 or so.

I did see the wagon pull in but didn't get over to talk with the owner quick enough.
Ended up going all the way to the end and had lunch at In-n-Out, just like last year. Cool but fun!! Sorry I missed you guys.
Joe

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I was there, didn't arrive until 8:58 parked on the other side of Redhill. Gave a thumbs up to another first genner at Cook's Corner. Turquoise 63 with a white top.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
1 - 17 of 17 Posts